Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome to the Real World, Linda!



After some detours here and there, my baby sister, Linda has officially graduated with a Dental Hygiene degree!! YAY! I am so proud of her and believe she will clean the heck out of your teeth!! :-)


Who knew the kid with a crooked tooth would grow up to be a Dental Hygienist (with great looking teeth, btw)? I need to find an old pic of her to post - and embarrass!


After the fairly short ceremony at Lamar University's Montagne Center, friends and family gathered at my Great-uncle's house to stuff our faces with homemade goodies!

My great-aunt made bo kho (beef stew), goi (shrimp salad), and some che (dessert). My mom made xoi and eggrolls!
I made a cake in San Antonio and dragged it all the way to Beaumont! It got damaged during the shipping process but I did happen to get a pic of it prior to my 4.5hour trek home. I just want to mention that I only messed up her name with the cake lid -- the rest of the cake was damaged by someone else. :-)

We spent the night eating, drinking, and general merriment. It was a perfect night for the perfect sister!!


Above: digging into the food, Siblings!, mom and her kids!, great-aunt/uncle and dad

So proud of you Linda! Congratulations and I'm sure your future will be full of plaque and tarter (job security)!

Love,

Your sis!

1 comment:

  1. Calily: Are you seriously making the peace sign in that picture? I <3 your Asianess.

    ReplyDelete