Friday, February 14, 2014

Sharing is Caring: Valentine's Day Cookies

I've said it before, but I'm not a big Valentine's Day person. But, who doesn't like heart-shaped cookies?
Since I haven't baked any goodies for work since my Christmas baking marathon, I figured today was a good day as any to bring some goodies into work. 

I know today is all about love and shiz but I do have a bone to pick. 

Have you noticed at your work that there are givers and takers? Like there is always a few people who always bring goodies (stuff they made or bought) and there are obvious takers (people who never bring anything, not even candy! to share). 

So, the people who usually bring stuff are then expected to bring stuff all.the.time. It drives me insane. Granted, I do enjoy cooking and baking but baking ingredients are not cheap. Sharing is caring, right? That's why I do it. 

Who are you at work? Giver or a taker? 

Back to hearts! These shortbread cookies are easy and delicious. Not too sweet and with a great texture. 

Oddly enough, I went looking for a recipe in one of my childhood cookie books and it had the same exact recipe as this one from the Land O Lakes website so that's the one I used for these cookies.




To finish the cookies I dipped them in some melted chocolate.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment