Saturday, April 22, 2017

Scaling down the Pho Party!

This post is long overdue, but better late than never, right?

At the end of January we held our annual Pho Party for hungry friends. This year, I scaled it back a bit and had a smaller invite list. Once I'm making two pots of pho--which was the situation last year--that was probably a bit too much.

The menu was pretty much the same except that I added homemade veggie eggrolls to the mix! My next task will be to write up the recipe for my mom's veggie eggrolls.

Spread of spring rolls, veg egg rolls and turkey meatballs.


And of course banh pate chaud (meat filled puff pastry).


And then there was this beauty.


After I cook people's noodles, I let them put whatever additions they want into their bowl. This is cooked brisket and raw eye of round. I put the raw meat into a double nesting ice container to keep it cold! Pro Tip: I cut the big chunk of eye of round into four smaller sections and then I wrap them in foil and plastic wrap and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes before I make slices with a very sharp nice. It's the best you can do for thin slices without a machine.


Sliced onion (red and white!), green onion and cilantro for garnish.

Another great time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment