After two weeks, we finally did the story. You can watch it here:
While my reporter was working on the story, I wanted to know how many brewery and brewpub licenses were actually in our area. After some queries on TABC's website, I plotted this map:
I don't get to do fun data sets often, but sometimes I do! I think the last map I did was where Google Fiber asked for permits (nowhere near my hood).
These are all active and pending permits with TABC. Some places haven't even opened yet.
I didn't even know these places existed:
- Bluebonnet Beer Company (Round Rock)
- Bull Creek Brewing (Williamson Co.)
- Solid Rock Brewing (Spicewood)
- Strange Land Brewery (West Lake)
- Last Stand Brewing (Dripping Springs)
- Smoke'n Hops (Dripping Springs)
- Sean Patrick's (San Marcos)
- Aquabrew (San Marcos)
Here's hoping these new places have some good brews on tap!
Have you been to all of these places? Which new place are you most excited about?